World's Best Cinnamon Rolls
Mom made these cinnamon rolls as Christmas gifts for Dad's business vendors. Folks fell in love with them so much she's still gifting them 40 years later. One secret of these delicious rolls is to frost them while they are still warm.
- 1 1/2 tbsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Brown sugar
- Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 lb Dominos powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 small bottle maple flavoring (1/2 fluid oz.)
- 1/3 cup milk
- Dissolve yeast and 1 tsp. sugar in warm water in small bowl.
- Melt butter and warm milk to lukewarm.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt.
- Add yeast mixture, butter/milk mixture to eggs.
- Add 2 c. flour and beat well. Gradually add remaining flour. (Dough will be sticky.) Let rise until double in size.
- On floured surface, roll dough into a 20x14 inch rectangle.
- Spread 1/4 c. melted butter onto dough and sprinkle liberally with brown sugar and Saigon cinnamon.
- Roll up dough like a jellyroll, starting on the long side. Cut roll into four. Use floss to divide each section into four or five cinnamon rolls by placing the string under the roll and crossing it over on top.
- Place rolls in a greased 9" cake pan, forming them into triangle shapes. (Don't put a roll in the center.)
- Bake at 350 F. for 14 minutes or until light brown on top and center of roll bounces back.
- Mix frosting ingredients together and beat until smooth. Adjust to a medium consistency.
- Cool rolls for 5 minutes, then frost while they are still warm. Frost generously, allowing frosting to run down the sides.