Wheat & Flax Bread
This Wheat and Flax Bread is oh so soft and healthy besides. Try it and see for yourself!
- 3 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp salt
- 5 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water, then beat in honey, eggs and oil.
- Add ground flax seed and salt, mixing well. Add flour by small amounts and knead well. You may need to add a little more flour until dough is soft, but no longer sticky.
- Let dough set and rise until double in size, then punch down and let rise again until double.
- Shape into four loaves. Place loaves in greased bread pans and poke with a fork. Let rise until double in size.
- Bake at 350 F. degrees for 25-35 minutes or until done.