Two-toned Cream Pie
Can't decide if you want a slice of chocolate or peanut butter cream pie? Have both by serving yourself a slice of Two-toned Cream Pie.
- 1 deep dish baked pie shell
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cup milk
- 3 Nature's Yoke egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with a little hot water
- 3 Nature's Yoke egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Gradually stir in milk and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat and continue stirring while adding the egg yolks. Return to heat and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Pour hot custard into a bowl; cover and chill well.
- Divide custard mixture into two bowls. Add peanut butter to one part and cocoa powder mix to the other. Whip each mixture until creamy.
- Put peanut butter cream in the bottom of the pie shell and top with the chocolate mix.
- Beat egg whites until stiff adding cream of tartar, sugar and vanilla to make meringue. Spread meringue on top of pie.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F. about 12 minutes or until meringue begins to brown.
- Chill well before serving!