Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
Uniquely different from the traditional, and easy to assemble; our Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole may become a favorite. And who says you need to make it for breakfast?
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 16 oz low-fat, small curd cottage cheese
- 12 oz mozarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, slivered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Fry sausage in skillet over medium high heat. Drain grease off.
- Mix together sweet potatoes and butter in a bowl; press evenly into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Stir together eggs, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, spinach, onion, salt and pepper, and crumbled sausage in a large bowl; spread evenly over sweet potato layer.
- Bake until top is golden brown and eggs are set, about 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.