Stuffed Hot Cherry Peppers
Stuff these adorable peppers and keep them in your fridge for your next Italian meal, appetizer platter, or snack attack. You'll be glad you did.
- 2 1/2 gal cherry peppers
- 2 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 24 oz plain bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (more or less, to your liking)
- 2 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 oz anchovies
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- minced garlic
- white vinegar
- Place eggplant in kettle. Cover with water & boil till tender. Drain, but do not squeeze out excess water. Cool.
- Combine red pepper flakes, garlic powder, oregano, minced onion, parsley flakes and salt with breadcrumbs.
- Puree anchovies, eggs and cooked eggplant. Add to dry ingredients.
- Remove stem and seeds of peppers. (Use gloves) Stuff bread crumb mixture into peppers. (Dont pack too firmly.)
- Boil in 3/4 gallon white vinegar for 7 minutes or till slightly firm. Cool on cookie sheets.
- Put a little oil in a glass jar of your choice. (Example: pint, quart, gallon) Layer peppers (stuffing facing out), minced garlic and oregano (sprinkled). Repeat layers of oil, peppers, minced garlic and oregano until jar is filled. Cover and store in refrigerator.