Stuffed Hot Cherry Peppers
Stuff these adorable peppers and keep them in your fridge for your next Italian meal, appetizer platter, or snack attack. You'll be glad you did.
- 2 1/2 gal cherry peppers
- 2 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 24 oz plain bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (more or less, to your liking)
- 2 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 oz anchovies
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- minced garlic
- white vinegar
- Place eggplant in kettle. Cover with water & boil till tender. Drain, but do not squeeze out excess water. Cool.
- Combine red pepper flakes, garlic powder, oregano, minced onion, parsley flakes and salt with breadcrumbs.
- Puree anchovies, eggs and cooked eggplant. Add to dry ingredients.
- Remove stem and seeds of peppers. (Use gloves) Stuff bread crumb mixture into peppers. (Dont pack too firmly.)
- Boil in 3/4 gallon white vinegar for 7 minutes or till slightly firm. Cool on cookie sheets.
- Put a little oil in a glass jar of your choice. (Example: pint, quart, gallon) Layer peppers (stuffing facing out), minced garlic and oregano (sprinkled). Repeat layers of oil, peppers, minced garlic and oregano until jar is filled. Cover and store in refrigerator.
How long do these last in the refrigerator?