Made easy with frozen bread dough, this much-loved Stromboli recipe never fails to get high reviews from folks it is served to.
- 2 loaves (1 lb. each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 4 oz can mushrooms
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage, cooked and drained
- 4 oz salami, sliced in 1 inch strips
- 4 oz ham, sliced in 1 inch strips
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place each loaf of bread dough in a greased bread pan. Cover with greased saran wrap and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down. Roll each loaf into a 15x12-in. rectangle.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, oil and seasonings.
- Brush over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges; set remaining egg mixture aside.
- Saute onion, pepper and mushrooms in 2 T. butter.
- Arrange sausage, salami, ham, cheeses, onion, peppers and mushrooms on dough to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side. Seal the edges well.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.