Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Enjoy the delicious combination of tart and sweet in this fresh Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- 3 Nature's Yoke duck eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, heaping
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 pie crusts
- 2 1/2 cup rhubarb, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine eggs, sugar, flour, salt, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Wash the fruit and pat dry with a paper towel. In a separate bowl, combine rhubarb and strawberries.
- Line 9" pie plate with one of the pie crusts; fill with fruit. Pour egg mixture over. Dot with butter. Crimp pie edges. Cut a circle from the second pie crust big enough to cover the pie. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut slits in top crust. Place crust on top of filled pie.
- Cover edges of pie crust with foil to prevent it from browning too quickly. Bake pie for 15 minutes at 400 F. then turn oven temperature to 375 F. and bake 40-45 minutes longer. (You can remove foil last ten minutes of baking.) Serve plain or topped with vanilla ice cream. NOTE: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is a bit runny due to all the fresh fruit. Refrigerate pie overnight before cutting for best results.