Strawberry Cream Puffs
Elegant and light, these strawberry cream puffs are best eaten the same day you make them.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 qt fresh strawberries, sliced
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring water, butter, salt and sugar to a rolling boil.
- Add all the flour and stir continuously until mixture pulls from the sides and forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating to a smooth paste after each addition. Continue beating until mixture looks velvety.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet, forming 12 mounds, 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until beads of moisture no longer appear on the surface. Poke with toothpick to prevent puff from falling. Turn off oven and let cream puffs sit for 30 minutes or so to dry out completely.
- Combine heavy cream and 1/4 c. sugar and beat until stiff.
- Just before serving, remove tops with a sharp knife. Place sliced strawberries in puff and add cream. Replace top and sprinkle with powdered sugar.