This spinach manicotti, with its creamy cheese filling, is simple to whip up and will surely satisfy your Italian craving.
- 8 oz box uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- red pepper, sprinkled
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 10 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg, beaten
- 26 oz pasta sauce (any flavor)
- Heat oven to 375 F. Cook manicotti as directed on box. Rinse with cool water; drain well.
- Place chopped spinach in bowl, add a bit of water, and cook in microwave for a few minutes. (on the stove works as well)
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups Italian cheese blend, red pepper, ricotta cheese, spinach, garlic and egg.
- In the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 glass baking dish, spread one cup of pasta sauce. Pipe ricotta mixture into manicotti; place over sauce in dish. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti.
- Cover dish tightly with foil; bake about 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling. Uncover dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of Italian cheese blend. Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Thought I would comment and say great theme, did you code it for yourself? It looks excellent!