Spinach Lasagna, a meatless entree, is one more delicious way to eat your greens.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, sauté spinach, onion, mushrooms, oregano, basil, and garlic in oil. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix cottage cheese, 1 c. mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Place small amount of sauce in bottom of 9x13 pan. Place three cooked noodles on top of sauce. Top with more sauce and 1/3 of cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers of noodles, cheese mixture and sauce until layers are finished, ending with sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 c. mozzarella cheese over top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese starts to brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.