Spinach Garlic Potato Patties
Spinach Garlic Potato Patties are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, perfect served as an appetizer, snack or tasty side dish.
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled, boiled and quartered
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 lemon juice
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup canola oil, for frying (add more as needed)
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Beat cooked potatoes and milk together in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat butter and 1 T. oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add spinach and garlic to skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat and add spinach mixture to the potatoes. Stir in cheese, lemon juice, egg and panko crumbs until thoroughly combined and smooth. Shape the mixture into patties.
- Heat canola oil in skillet. Working in batches, fry each patty on both sides until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side. Serve warm with Greek yogurt or sour cream.