Get your greens for breakfast by eating Spinach Florentine, an open faced sandwich made by layering spinach, eggs, and sauce on bread.
- 1 English muffin, divided
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 6 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Hollandaise sauce (see recipe listed under sauces)
- Toast English muffin halves.
- Heat skillet and spray with cooking spray. Crack eggs into skillet and fry until whites are starting to set. (Don't pop the yolk.) Pour a little water into skillet and cover eggs immediately with lid. Steam eggs until the egg white is set but the yolk is still soft.
- While eggs are cooking, place spinach in hot skillet and allow to wilt.
- To assemble spinach florentine, place the English muffin halves on individual plates. Layer with bacon, spinach, soft-cooked egg and pour hollandaise sauce on top. Serve immediately.