Spinach and White Bean Frittata
Packed with good-for-you spinach and white beans, you can feel good serving Spinach and White Bean Frittata to your family.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh or frozen spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 8 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup cooked or canned white beans
- 1 tsp dried basil (or) several sprigs fresh
- Heat olive oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Raise heat to medium-high and add spinach, a handful at a time. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook just until spinach is wilted and liquid is evaporated.
- Combine eggs, Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Beat well and set aside.
- Drain and rinse beans and add to spinach along with basil. Turn heat to low.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet, tilting skillet to distribute evenly. Cook until eggs are barely set.
- Turn broiler to high; put rack about 4 inches from heat.
- Transfer skillet to broiler and cook just until the top turns golden brown. Cut frittata into wedges and serve.