Spanish Omelet is the happy marriage of potatoes and eggs cooked on the stove top, then broiled for the final touch.
- 3 cup finely chopped potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp Adobo
- 1/4 tsp crushed chilies
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Combine potatoes, onion, Adobo and chilies. Heat oil in 10-inch ovenware skillet.
- Add potato mixture to skillet; cover and cook over medium heat 12-15 minutes or till tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over potatoes in skillet. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes or till eggs are nearly set.
- Uncover skillet and place under broiler 3-4 inches from heat for 2 to 3 inches or just till top is set.