Southern Style Eggs Benedict
Layer bread, meat, tomato, egg, Hollandaise sauce and avocado and you get Southern Style Eggs Benedict, a simply satisfying breakfast.
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage (or any other kind of sausage)
- 6 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 6 English muffins
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Hollandaise Sauce (see recipe listed under Sauces)
- Form sausage into patties and fry in skillet over medium high heat.
- Crack eggs onto hot skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do not break yoke. Fry until whites begin to set. Pour a tablespoon of water into skillet and immediately cover with lid. Allow eggs to continue cooking until they become a soft cooked egg.
- Toast English muffins and butter them.
- To assemble the sandwich, layer each English muffin bottom with the sausage, tomato, soft-cooked egg, avocado, and top with the Hollandaise followed by the muffin top. Serve immediately.