Sour Cream Scones
Whole-wheat flour and raisins add a healthy twist to this basic Scour Cream Scone recipe. Served with your choice of jam or lemon curd, these scones are a delightful compliment to your morning coffee.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large Nature's Yoke egg white
- 1/3 cup raisins
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine flours and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine sour cream, butter and egg white in a small bowl. Add sour cream mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly adding raisins as you knead with floured hands. (Dough will be crumbly.) Pat dough into a 12 inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut circle into 8 wedges; do not separate.
- Combine 1 T. sugar and cinnamon. Lightly spray dough with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.