Smoked Salmon with Asparagus and Poached Egg
Smoked Salmon with Asparagus and Poached Egg (tender asparagus rolled in a slab of salmon and topped with a poached egg) will please your springtime guests.
- 4 Nature's Yoke Egg, poached
- 1 lb Asparagus Spears
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 oz Smoked Salmon, room temperature*
- Bearnaise Sauce (see sauces)
To Poach Eggs
- Heat water in kettle until simmering, but not boiling.
- Crack eggs open into small bowl, two at a time.
- Whisk simmering water in circle, then slide eggs carefully into the water.
- Let simmer for about 3 minutes loosening from bottom of kettle if needed. Remove with slotted spoon. Repeat for remaining two eggs.
To Roast Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut off woody ends of asparagus and peel the bottom part of the stalk with a peeler. (This will make your asparagus more tender.)
- Lay the spears on a baking sheet and add 1 T. olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until spears are dark green and tender.
To Assemble the Dish
- Divide asparagus into four bundles.
- Roll each bundle with a strip of smoked salmon.
- Place poached egg on top and drizzle Bearnaise sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper. Enjoy!
*Learn how to smoke salmon without a smoker with Carnivore Style! This is an easy and efficient way to smoke salmon to your own liking.