Singapore Mai Fun
Bring a taste of the Far East to your table with Singapore Mai Fun, a dish of delightfully seasoned rice noodles dolled up with shrimp and vegetables.
- 1 (6 oz.) package thin rice noodles
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large Nature's Yoke egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 cup red or green bell pepper strips
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 8 oz medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- Cook rice noodles according to package. Drain.
- Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar and stir; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Heat a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add egg; stir fry for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from pan.
- Heat peanut oil in pan. Add bell pepper strips, ginger, red pepper and garlic; stir-fry 15 seconds.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and shrimp, and stir-fry two minutes.
- Stir in noodles, broth mixture and egg; cook one minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with onions.