Shrimp Scampi Deviled Eggs
Infused with lemon and shrimp scampi, these light and creamy eggs are a perfect summertime snack or side dish.
- 6 Nature's Yoke eggs, hard-boiled
- 6 raw shrimp, medium (shelled and de-veined)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- cayenne pepper, sprinkled
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Heat saucepan. Add oil and butter, making sure the bottom of the skillet is coated. Stir in garlic and cayenne pepper. Saute for a minute.
- Add the shrimp and white wine. Stir to coat the shrimp. Boil for 3-4 minutes, turning the shrimp once.
- Remove from pan from heat and sprinkle shrimp with parsley flakes and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- While shrimp is cooling, cut the eggs in half lengthwise, or cut the tops off if you are serving them in egg cups.
- Remove the yolks; mash with a fork. Add mayo and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Mix until creamy (I use an electric mixer).
- Dice the cooled shrimp into egg mixture. Spoon into egg whites. Garnish with parsley.