Shrimp and Bacon Carbonara
Our simple Shrimp and Bacon Carbonara, a classic Italian pasta dish, is sure to impress your guests and become a family favorite.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 8 bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 2/3 cup of reserved water from cooked pasta
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Mince 1 garlic clove into the butter and cook for a minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook until it is pink on all sides. (Cooking shrimp generally only takes 2-3 minutes on each side.) Season with salt to taste and 1 T. of parsley flakes.
- Once the shrimp has cooked, remove from the pan and set aside. Make sure to pour the butter into the bowl along with the shrimp.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; reserve 2/3 cup of pasta water and drain pasta.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until browned. Remove the bacon from the pan and place on a plate covered with paper towel. Pour off any excess bacon fat from the skillet and discard.
- Beat eggs and add reserved pasta water. Add bacon, shrimp and remaining minced garlic to fettuccine. Pour egg mixture into bowl with fettuccine and toss to evenly coat.
- Turn heat to LOW, add mixture to skillet and continue stirring the pasta until the eggs are cooked. Remove from heat. Add the parmesan cheese; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley.
I made this tonight I added chives and mushroom it was really delicious.