Sesame Cookies (Middle Eastern)
Serve Sesame Cookies with black tea that's been heavily sweetened and flavored with cinnamon -an authentic Middle Eastern combination.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground cardamom
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 1/2 cup oil
- 4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Mix sugar, baking powder, cardamom and eggs together in a blender.
- Add oil and blend again.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of flour. Blend together.
- Remove from blender to a medium sized bowl and add 2 1/2 c. of flour. Knead until the flour is well blended and dough is soft but not sticky.
- Grease cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Pinch off dough and roll into a stick, about the size of your thumb. Roll in sesame seeds and place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 F. for 20 Minutes. Serve with black tea.