Salmon Loaf with Tomato-Dill Sauce
This nutrient dense Salmon Loaf makes a tasty main dish with Tomato-Dill sauce drizzled over it. Add fresh peas or cucumber salad for a delicious meal for your family.
- 15 oz can salmon, drained
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz diced tomatoes, pureed
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, flake salmon, discarding skin and bones.
- Combine egg and milk, then add it to salmon. Stir in bread crumbs, green onion, dill weed, dry mustard and salt. Mix gently, but thoroughly. (Over mixing produces a dense, compact loaf.)
- Pat salmon into greased bread loaf pan. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until done. Let stand in the pan a few minutes, then run a knife around the edges to loosen the loaf. Invert pan on platter.
- Combine pureed tomatoes and dill weed in small kettle. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve over salmon loaf.