Salad Nicoise is comprised of olives, anchovies, potatoes, tomatoes, tuna, parsley, beans and eggs piled onto lettuce and drizzled with a vinaigrette.
- 1/2 lb new potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup pitted nicoise olives
- 1 (6 oz.) can tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/3 lb fresh green beans- rinsed, trimmed and blanched
- 2 Romaine heads, chopped
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, hard-cooked and quartered
- 1/2 pt grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 anchovy fillets
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 6 tbsp oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook under tender but still firm. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, olives, tuna, parsley, onion and green beans. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend well. Refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, toss lettuce with vinaigrette and top with potato mixture. Garnish with eggs, tomatoes, capers and anchovies.