Sabang Banana Pancakes
While vacationing on a small island of Indonesia, we fell in love with Sabang Banana Pancakes. Similar to a crepe with ripe bananas baked into them, they made a perfect breakfast or after-snorkel snack!
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, room temperature
- 2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup + 2 T. flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 4 ripe bananas, cut in half and sliced thin lengthwise
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Mix in milk, flour, sugar and salt.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Melt about a half a tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Pour a thin layer of batter in the hot skillet and tip skillet in circles to spread it out until batter no longer runs.
- Lay banana slices on pancake. Cook a minute or so longer, until pancake looks like it's setting up. Cut 1/2 T. butter into little pieces and drop onto pancake. Loosen edges carefully with spatula and flip over. (This is an art with the bananas and takes some practice.) Cook for one minutes longer, or until golden brown. Place a plate upside down over the skillet and flip. Repeat process with remaining batter and butter.