Red Stew and Rice
Introduce your family to a taste of West Africa by serving Red Stew and Rice made with familiar-to-them ingredients like tuna, tomatoes, kale and eggs.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cup tomatoes, blended
- 2 - 5 oz. cans tuna
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1 shrimp Maggi (bouillon)
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 - 14 oz. can chopped kale greens
- 4 hard-boiled Nature's Yoke eggs
- shredded cabbage
- cooked rice
- In a medium sized kettle, saute garlic and onion in oil.
- Put tomatoes in blender and puree. Add to garlic and onion.
- Add fish and seasonings.
- Rinse kale to remove extra salt, and add to stew.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drop hard boiled eggs into stew just before serving.
- Serve stew and eggs over white rice, with a pinch of cabbage on the side.