Raspberry Cream Pie
This Raspberry Cream Pie recipe makes two pies, but it is so delicious you might want to think twice before cutting it in half.
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter Crisco
- 6 tbsp ice water
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled
- Combine flour and salt. Cut in Crisco.
- Add water, a little at a time and blend in with a fork or pastry blender. Divide dough into two balls. Roll out on lightly floured counter top.
- Place in two 9-inch pie pans and crimp edges.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and lemon colored. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, 1/3 c. flour and salt together. Stir into egg mixture. Gently fold in raspberries. Pour filling into 2 unbaked pie crusts.
- Bake the pies without the topping for 30 minutes or until the center begins to set.
- While pies are baking, make the topping.
- Mix brown sugar, 1/2 c. flour and finely chopped nuts together.
- Cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- Sprinkle pies with topping and return to oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.