Pizza Topped Meat Loaf
Pizza-Topped Meatloaf is perfect for your low-carb diet. Bursting with flavor and topped with fresh tomatoes and basil, this recipe is sure to be a winner!
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil chiffonade* or dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, seasonings, garlic, bread crumbs, milk, Parmesan cheese and ground beef. Mix together until all ingredients are well blended.
- Shape meat mixture into a round loaf, 9 inches in diameter or a little larger. Transfer the loaf to a roasting pan with a rack.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the middle of the loaf registers 160 degrees F. and juices run clear. Remove from oven.
- Spread meatloaf with pizza sauce. Top with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with dried basil or fresh basil chiffonade. Bake about 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted. Transfer to pizza pan or serving platter. Cut into wedges to serve. *To make fresh basil chiffonade, stack the basil leaves and roll them up. Using a sharp knife, slice the roll into very thin strips.