The layers of Pineapple Cake are separated by a crushed pineapple filling. Moist and impressive, this cake is a real winner.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Filling For Between The Layers
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Cream shortening and sugar together. Add eggs and beat.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk and vanilla.
- Bake in 3 (8-inch) round cake pans at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes.
To make filling
- Add beaten eggs, pineapple and sugar in a saucepan. Heat till boiling point.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and add to hot mixture in saucepan. Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Cool and spread on top of each cake.
- Carefully place cooled, frosted layers on top of each other.
- Frost sides with your favorite white frosting.