Oven Fried Catfish
Serve Oven-Fried Catfish with coleslaw and creamy potatoes for a delicious dinner!
- 1 1/2 lb fresh catfish fillets, cut into serving size pieces
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat an oven to 425 F. Grease a baking sheet cooking spray and set aside.
- Rinse the catfish fillets, and pat very dry with paper towel. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, creole seasoning, paprika, sugar, and black pepper. Combine the eggs and water in a another bowl. Dip the fillets in the egg mixture, dredge in the cornmeal mixture, and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown. Turn once during cooking. Place catfish on a paper-towel lined plate, and serve immediately with hot sauce or tartar sauce.