Oatmeal Pan Bread
On a scale from 1-10, our family rates Oatmeal Pan Bread as a 15. It is that delicious!
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup regular oats
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 4 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Combine oats and boiling water; cool to 110 F. degrees.
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 c. warm water.
- Add sugar, butter, salt, egg, oat mixture and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth.
- Add remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead until smooth and elastic. Let rise until double.
- Press dough into a jelly roll pan. Cut diagonal lines all the way through the dough in both directions. Let rise until double.
- Brush with 4 T. melted butter and bake at 375 F. degrees for 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining butter and herbs and spread/sprinkle over bread. Bake 5 minutes.