Mushroom Swiss Chicken
Layering tender chicken breast with ham, Swiss, and a slathering of fresh mushrooms, Mushroom Swiss Chicken is an impressive, guest-worthy entree.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 Nature's yoke egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 8 slices ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Slice chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. Combine cracker crumbs and salt in a separate bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then in crumbs; set aside.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, sauté mushrooms in 1 T. butter until tender; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add chicken; cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Top each chicken breast half with a ham slice, mushrooms, and a cheese slice.
- Broil until cheese is melted.