Monterey Spinach Rotini
Monterey Spinach Rotini is a filling side dish conveniently made in a slow cooker.
- 2 cup dry rotini
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/4 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- french fried onions
- Cook rotini according to directions on package. Drain.
- Steam spinach until wilted, either in microwave or on the stove. Chop very fine.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, parmesan, onion, diced tomatoes, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper and steamed spinach. Stir in rotini just until well coated.
- Place mixture in slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 hours. When there is 20 minutes left of cooking time, sprinkle with 1/4 c. cheddar jack and french fried onions.