Mini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins
While they aren't entirely guilt-free, Mini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins are made with the wholesome goodness of whole wheat, applesauce, oatmeal and carrots.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cup shredded carrots
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin tins or line with papers.
- In a large bowl, mix the first ten ingredients together.
- Add oil, applesauce, beaten eggs and vanilla. Mix just until evenly moist.
- Fold in oats and carrots.
- In a bowl, blend cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 full with the muffin batter.
- Spoon approximately 1 tsp. cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin cup.
- Top with remaining batter, so that each muffin cup is about 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins and pipe cream cheese frosting on top of each one, if desired.