Bring a taste of Mexico to your lunch table with a delightful Mexican Torta.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 12 oz chorizo
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- 8 oz thinly sliced ham
- 5 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 2 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 8 oz refried beans
- 1/2 lb Queso Fresco
- Pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 5 Mexican-style sandwich rolls (bolillos)
- Cut avocado and tomato into thin slices.
- Fry chorizo in skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- Julienne chicken thighs; saute in skillet in chorizo drippings.
- Crack eggs one at a time into a small bowl and whisk. Pour egg into a hot non-stick skillet and tip skillet to spread egg out. Cook until egg is almost set; flip and cook a few seconds longer. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Heat refried beans.
- Cut bolillos in half lengthwise and spread with mayonnaise. Toast face down in hot skillet.
To Assemble Sandwiches
- Spread one half of sandwich bun with refried beans. Layer one slice of ham, chorizo, chicken, egg, a thin slice of Queso fresco, two slices of tomatoes, 5 slices of avocado, jalapeno peppers and 1/2 c. lettuce. Wrap in foil to keep warm.