Love You Pot Pies
Treat those you love with a cozy little pot pie filled with chicken and veggies and rich cream.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4 small carrots, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 3 cup cubed, cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream; brush over pie pastry. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
- Cut hearts with a small floured heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, carrots, onion and celery; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cooked chicken and peas. Cook a few minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Spoon into six ramekins or small bowls; top with pastries.
I truly love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme.
Did you develop this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I’m
wanting to create my own personal website and want to learn where you got this from or what the theme is called.