Love You Pot Pies
Treat those you love with a cozy little pot pie filled with chicken and veggies and rich cream.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4 small carrots, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 3 cup cubed, cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream; brush over pie pastry. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
- Cut hearts with a small floured heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, carrots, onion and celery; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cooked chicken and peas. Cook a few minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Spoon into six ramekins or small bowls; top with pastries.