Linguine with Garlic and Fried Egg
Linguine with Garlic and Fried Egg makes a simple, savory supper option that doesn't take much time to prepare.
- 16 oz linguine
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until butter melts. Stir in garlic; cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add pepper flakes
- Break two eggs and slip into skillet on top of garlic and pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low; cook until whites are completely set but yolks are still soft.
- Drain water off of linguine; return to pan. Chop the cooked eggs up and stir egg/oil combination into cooked linguine; add 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, tossing to coat. Keep warm.
- In the skillet, heat remaining oil and butter over medium heat. Break remaining eggs, one at a time, into skillet. Reduce heat to low; cook until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, turning once if desired.
- Serve pasta in individual bowls. Top with fried eggs, additional cheese for sprinkling and, if desired, parsley.