Cupcake lovers will love our lemon cupcakes! The frosting, made with whipping cream and real lemon juice, is so light and airy and perfectly lemon!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cup white sugar
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
Lemon Cream Icing
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 30 cupcake pan cups with liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each egg is incorporated. Mix in vanilla and lemon zest.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl. Gently beat flour mixture into butter mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the milk and lemon juice. Beat just until combined; do not over mix.
- Fill the prepared cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool before icing.
To Make the Icing
- Beat the cream on LOW speed, in a chilled bowl, until cream begins to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and lemon juice a little at a time, beating after each addition.
- Increase mixer speed to HIGH and beat until the icing forms soft peaks. If using yellow food coloring, stir drops in to desired color. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers.