Layered Lettuce Salad
Assembled the night before you entertain, layered lettuce salad is loved by both the hosts (for its convenience) and the guests (for its great taste).
- 2 Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
- 1 lb Bacon, fried and crumbled, 2 T. reserved
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup fancy shredded cheddar cheese
- Layer the first five ingredients in order in a 9x13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayo, sugar, vinegar and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Spread on top of layers.
- Top with cheese, cover and refrigerate for 8-12 hours.
- At serving time, garnish with reserved bacon and parsley.