Italian Cream Cake
With its layers dolled up in walnuts, coconut and cream cheese frosting, Italian Cream Cake is an impressive and delicious addition to your next party.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cup sugar
- 5 Nature's Yoke egg yolks
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 Nature's Yoke egg whites
- 1 small can Angel Flake Coconut
- Cream butter and shortening. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Combine flour and soda and add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in vanilla. Add walnuts.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Bake in three 9-inch layer pans at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- Frost cake layers with cream cheese frosting (listed under Carrot Cake).
- Carefully place cooled, frosted layers on top of each other and sprinkle with coconut.