Iceberg Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Iceberg Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing is a steakhouse classic with a huge crunch, topped with homemade dressing, hard-boiled eggs and bacon.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- red onion cut in rings (optional)
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- Place four salad plates in fridge to chill. Mash 1/2 of the blue cheese with the back of a fork in a medium bowl until mostly smooth. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Add the remaining cheese and mix gently, leaving clumps of cheese. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cook bacon until crispy and deeply browned. Cool and crumble.
- Core the lettuce and cut it into quarters. Place a wedge on each of the chilled salad plates. Spoon about 3 T. of the dressing over each wedge. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes and onions, if desired.