Huevos Pericos are Colombian-style scrambled eggs packed with flavor and simple to make.
- 6 Natures Yoke eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the milk and garlic powder to the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Beat eggs with a whisk for a minute or two.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add tomatoes and onion.
- Let the vegetables simmer for a few minutes, then add the eggs. Let the eggs sit for a few seconds, then use a spatula to gently lift the cooked eggs from the bottom of the skillet letting the runny part coat the bottom. Continue to do this until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove from heat. Chop eggs into smaller pieces with a spatula and stir in fresh cilantro. Serve immediately with warm chapatis or tortillas.