Honey Wheat Bread
My mom perfected this Honey Wheat Bread recipe and shared it with her daughters and friends who produce nutritious, delicious loaves every baking day.
- 5 cup warm water
- 4 tbsp yeast
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp lecithin
- 3 tbsp wheat gluten
- 1 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cup white bread flour
- 10 cup whole wheat flour
- Put warm water in large mixing bowl. Dissolve yeast in water, letting it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add oil, honey, egg, lecithin, gluten, salt, bran flakes, rolled oats and white flour.
- Beat with hand mixer until well mixed.
- By hand, gradually stir in whole wheat.
- On floured surface, knead by hand for 13-15 minutes. Cover dough with cloth and let rise till double.
- Punch down dough and shape into five loaves. Poke top of loaves with fork to remove air bubbles. Let rise until the dough is just rounding over top of pan.
- If you have glass bread pans, bake at 325 degrees F. for 27-30 minutes. For tin pans, bake at 350 degrees F. for 27-30 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool.