Honey Oatmeal Bread
I baked my family's bread for years and have tried multiple recipes, but I always gravitate back to Honey Oatmeal Bread. So delicious!
- 2 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp salt
- 8 cup flour (best to use at least 2 cups of whole wheat flour)
- Pour boiling water over the oatmeal and set aside. Cool until lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water. Set aside.
- Mix together the honey, oil, eggs and salt, then add the yeast mixture. Add this mixture to the softened oatmeal.
- Add the desired amount of whole wheat flour then knead in enough white flour to make a spongy dough that is not sticky. Let rise until double in size.
- Knead and let rise again to double. Shape into five loaves, place in greased bread pans and let rise again. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes, depending on loaf size.