Homemade Ice Cream
Whether you have an old-fashioned hand crank freezer or a modern electric one, you can still enjoy the old-fashioned goodness of homemade ice cream.
- 5 Junket tablets
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 5 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 qt whole milk
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp vanilla
- Dissolve Junket tablets in water and set aside.
- Beat eggs until lemon colored. In large saucepan, mix sugars, eggs, milk, cream and vanilla. Heat to lukewarm.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in water with dissolved tablets. Quickly pour into ice cream freezer can.
- Refrigerate. When set, freeze in ice cream freezer according to directions.