Gluten-Free Red, White and Blue Pavlovas
Gluten-Free Red, White and Blue Pavlovas, made into mini servings, are perfect to serve to your Fourth of July guests. Pavlova is naturally gluten-free, easy to make, and utterly delicious.
- 4 large Nature's Yoke egg whites
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp gluten-free cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 12 oz frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 pt fresh raspberries
- mint sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites, salt, and vinegar until they start to foam, about 1 minute. With the mixer running slowly, add the sugar and continue to beat until it forms firm, shiny peaks, about 4-5 minutes. Sift the cornstarch onto the egg whites, add the vanilla, and beat in.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal dollops. With the back of a spoon, create a well in the center of each dollop.
- Bake for 1½ hours and then turn off the oven and let cool completely in the oven.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream with the powdered sugar until it forms soft peaks. Do not over beat.
- Put thawed frozen raspberries and balsamic vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a sieve.
- When the meringues are completely cooled, peel off the parchment paper and place on a plate or serving platter. Spoon or pipe the cream into the meringues. Top with berries, drizzle with raspberry sauce, garnish with mint sprigs, and serve.