Gluten-Free Mushroom Bacon Frittata
Gluten-Free Mushroom Bacon Frittata, made with Nature’s Yoke eggs, nitrate-free bacon, and organic veggies is a great choice for a nutritious, savory breakfast.
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp Kosher or fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 10 large Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 cup fresh baby arugula, divided
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the liquid has evaporated, 12-14 minutes. Remove pan from the heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Lightly beat the eggs and pour over the mushrooms and bacon. Sprinkle 1 cup Parmesan cheese over the top of the eggs and bake for 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Toss the arugula with 2 T. olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese, and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Put on top of the frittata and serve.
Calories: 375kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 24gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 310mgSodium: 652mgPotassium: 457mgSugar: 2g