Gluten-Free Breakfast Bowls
These Gluten-Free Breakfast Bowls are a Sunday morning, sitting on the couch, reading the paper, sipping a hot cup of coffee kind of breakfast.
- 1/4 cup grenadine
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot , thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 tbsp organic heavy cream
- kosher or fine sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup frozen hashbrowns
- 4 slices thick cut bacon , cut into ¼ inch dice
- 2 tsp chives, chopped
- *spicy ketchup
- Bring the grenadine and red wine to a boil. Turn off the heat, add the shallots, and let sit until everything else is ready.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a small, non-stick saucepan. Beat the eggs and cream along with a pinch of salt and pepper together until foamy and an even yellow color, no streaks. Add the eggs to the pan and cook gently, stirring well every 30 seconds. Cook until the eggs are cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. They may still look under cooked because they are so creamy.
- While the eggs are cooking, make the hash browns and bacon. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the hash browns and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, flipping them occasionally, until the are browned and crispy, about 12 minutes.
- Put the bacon in a cold skillet, turn the heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve in bowls arranging the ingredients in separate piles for a nice presentation. Sprinkle the chives over the eggs. Drain the shallots and add to the bowl. Season with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. *To make spicy ketchup just stir a little sriracha into ketchup, to taste.