In Eggplant Parmesan, meaty rounds of eggplant are pan-fried, layered with flavorful spaghetti sauce and cheese then baked to delicious perfection.
- 2 fresh eggplant (medium-sized)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs, well beaten
- 1 (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Slice eggplant into medium thin slices and salt lightly. Let set until juice rises.
- Pat eggplant dry with paper towel; dip in flour, then in beaten eggs.
- Fry in oil until both sides are lightly browned.
- Lay out on paper toweling to absorb any extra oil.
- In 9X13 pan, layer eggplant, spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with basil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.