Don't you love fresh, homemade bread? Try this Egg Bread recipe and fall in love with fresh bread all over again.
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 8 cup all-purpose flour
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water. Stir in milk, sugar, and salt. Add eggs, butter and half of the flour and mix well.
- Add the remaining flour as needed and knead until smooth. Place in a greased bowl and let rise until double in size. Punch down and let rise again to double.
- Punch dough down and divide into four portions. Shape loaves and place in greased bread pans. Let rise again until double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.