Egg and Bacon Canapés
Our simple and savory egg and bacon canapés will add an elegant touch to your table of hors d’œuvre.
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, hard-boiled
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp honey hot mustard
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp chives
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- fresh dill for garnish (optional)
- Using egg slicer or sharp knife, slice hard-cooked eggs, crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Toast whole wheat bread. Using 2 inch circle cookie or biscuit cutter, cut rounds out of toast to make 12 circles.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise with honey hot mustard, herbs, and pepper
- Top toast rounds with 1 egg slice, 1/4 tsp. dollop of mayonnaise, several pieces of bacon and garnish with fresh dill.